July 29, 2026

"I wasn't even 20 when I left my country. Everything was different and new and unusual. I had to learn everything while actually doing the work. Aside from the cold and the quiet, probably the hardest part was when I lost my Grandma who took care of me and raised me. It happened all of a sudden at a time when I was just starting to give back to all her love and support for me. It crushed me. But just as any challenge, it only made me stronger. From someone who was spoiled and sheltered at home, I chose to try the unfamiliar and the difficult. In the end, I'm proud of my choices, the person I have become, and the person that I'm becoming. If there's one piece of advice I would like to give young people like me, that is to make sure you give every possible option for yourself. If you fail, get up and try again. And if you succeed, never forget to be thankful as you continue on."


From Cavite, Philippines 🇵🇭 to Copenhagen, Denmark 🇩🇰

No comments:

Post a Comment